Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, February 10, 2017

Reminder: #TBRChallenge for February


For those of you participating in the 2017 TBR Challenge, this is a reminder that your commentary is "due" on Wednesday, February 15.  This month's theme is New-to-You Author (an author you haven't read before).

If you're like me between recommendations from friends, debut authors, and impulse grabs at conferences and thrift stores - there are plenty of options to choose from here.  But what if you're risk adverse and your TBR is only filled with tried-and-true authors you've read before?  Hey, no problem!  Remember: the themes are optional!  The whole point of the TBR Challenge is to read something, anything, that has been languishing for far too long.

You can find more information about the challenge, and see the list of participants, on the 2017 Information Page.  (And it's not too late to sign-up!)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah, I found something and read it in a timely fashion!

azteclady said...

I have so many of these in the TBR, that the choosing only ONE was an issue. The second issue is the everlasting reading slump from hell (I wanna know who cursed me--there would be WORDS).

However, I'm half way through mine--here's hoping I manage to both finish and review it this time! (still have to write last month's review :hanging head in shame: )